Klik hier voor de Nederlandse versie.
A few weeks ago nail art queen Aglaya showed a nail art on her blog for which she let her boyfriend pick the colors and the design, and I was so impressed with the result that I immediately wanted to do the same with my man – with make-up instead of nail art – to see how he’d do. So the make-up look that I’m showing today was chosen completely by my dear boyfriend! I picked the foundation myself, but other than that boyfriend made all the decisions, from eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara to blush and lipstick. I was prepared for the absolute worst, which is why I decided to post this look on Friday the 13th. But was the result really disastrous, or does boyfriend actually have good taste when it comes to make-up? You be the judge!
– MAC eyeshadow in Deep Truth & Print. Tom: ‘Blue is my favorite color, and I think it will look nice together with gray.’
– Clinique Quickliner for eyes Intense in Intense Peacock. Tom: ‘I think this blue will go well with the blue eyeshadow that I picked.’
– Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara. Tom: ‘This mascara looks like it will make your lashes really long.’
– Smashbox Halo Longwear Blush in Warm Glow. Tom: ‘Of all your blushes this seems to be the most neutral one.’
– Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Petunia. Tom: ‘The color looks really subtle. I don’t like bright lipstick.’
Not bad, right? All the colors match nicely, and the whole color palette is very appropriate for this time of the year. Well done, boyfriend, you deserve a big (subtle, certainly not bright red) kiss!
Do you ever ask your boyfriend or someone else to pick your make-up? And do you believe that Friday the 13th means bad luck?
P.S.: Make sure to check out my huge Shop my closet & Beauty stash blog sale!