Klik hier voor de Nederlandse versie.
A few weeks ago nail art queen Aglaya showed a nail art on her blog for which she let her boyfriend pick the colors and the design, and I was so impressed with the result that I immediately wanted to do the same with my man – with make-up instead of nail art – to see how he’d do. So the make-up look that I’m showing today was chosen completely by my dear boyfriend! I picked the foundation myself, but other than that boyfriend made all the decisions, from eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara to blush and lipstick. I was prepared for the absolute worst, which is why I decided to post this look on Friday the 13th. But was the result really disastrous, or does boyfriend actually have good taste when it comes to make-up? You be the judge!
- MAC eyeshadow in Deep Truth & Print. Tom: ‘Blue is my favorite color, and I think it will look nice together with gray.’
– Clinique Quickliner for eyes Intense in Intense Peacock. Tom: ‘I think this blue will go well with the blue eyeshadow that I picked.’
– Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara. Tom: ‘This mascara looks like it will make your lashes really long.’
– Smashbox Halo Longwear Blush in Warm Glow. Tom: ‘Of all your blushes this seems to be the most neutral one.’
– Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Petunia. Tom: ‘The color looks really subtle. I don’t like bright lipstick.’
Click to enlarge
Not bad, right? All the colors match nicely, and the whole color palette is very appropriate for this time of the year. Well done, boyfriend, you deserve a big (subtle, certainly not bright red) kiss!
Do you ever ask your boyfriend or someone else to pick your make-up? And do you believe that Friday the 13th means bad luck?
P.S.: Make sure to check out my huge Shop my closet & Beauty stash blog sale!