Klik hier voor de Nederlandse versie.
In the past few weeks several readers have asked me for a personal update, and because customer is king (or in this case reader is queen) I have a personal post ready for you today. And it’s a BIG one, because today I’m sharing no less than 25 random facts about myself! Are you ready to get to know me a little better?
1. I’ve been working for Ladurée for almost three months now, and though some days are really long (being on your feet for 11 hours straight = hell) I’m really happy with my job. My favorite macaroons? Chocolat noir (dark chocolate), praliné and framboise (raspberry)!
2. I like Christmas, but I hate shopping for Christmas presents. I would be totally okay with a gift-free Christmas.
3. I can easily eat a whole box of chocolates in one go.
4. I dream of one day living in California.
5. I eat at least four pieces of fruit every day. Because I really like fruit, but also to make sure that I get enough vitamins.
6. I always wake up a few minutes before my alarm clock goes off. And yes, that sucks.
7. I once won a fashion designing contest on TMF.
8. I love dogs, especially the ones that look like big fluffy cuddly teddy bears.
9. I often eat a whole can of beans in tomato sauce as a snack or a small meal. I just heat it up and munch away. Omnomnom!
10. I hate the smell of cheese fondue. And that’s a bit of a problem, because I live in Switzerland…
12. I always follow the same morning and evening routine to get ready. Having structure in my life helps me to relax.
13. I’m a born planner. I love organizing and I’ll make a list for pretty much anything.
14. I’m pretty OCD when it comes to hygiene. I don’t like shaking a stranger’s hand, and on the bus I always hope that someone else will press the stop button so that I won’t have to.
15. I drink a lot and I drink fast. I can down a glass of water in three gulps. And the same goes for a cocktail, woops…
16. I’m a total chocoholic.
17. I have lens implants. My eye sight was so bad that laser wasn’t an option anymore, so the doctors implanted new lenses into my eyes.
18. I’m a morning person. I always jump straight out of bed in the morning. I’m not much of a night owl though.
19. I’ve been skiing for 22 years now, and I’ve never broken anything. Let’s hope it stays that way!
20. When I can’t sleep I like to think about the things I’d do if I won the lottery. Or about cute pet names. Not that I have any pets…
21. I’ve played all Tomb Raider games. The last one was totally kick ass!
22. I get nervous when I don’t have internet access.
23. I worry a lot, often about really futile things. That constant worrying often makes me feel nervous and uneasy. Annoying!
24. I’m a people pleaser. I want everyone to be happy with me, and the hate the idea of letting people down or upsetting people.
25. I regularly ask my boyfriend, who is an aerospace engineer, to quiz me on random facts about the stars, the planets and the universe. Gotta keep that brain sharp!
If you’ve made it till here: congratulations! :-) Now you know a little more about the person behind Kiss & Make-up! I hope you enjoyed it.
Do you recognize yourself in some of these facts?