Klik hier voor de Nederlandse versie.
Naaj from Naajronaslifestyle recently tagged me for the ‘Would you rather’ tag, a tag that gives you a series of beauty-related choices. I’m not exactly into self-torture – seriously, some of the questions are just so cruel! – but for this tag I decided to make a little exception. Now let’s make some heartbreaking decisions!
1. Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lip glosses or all of your palettes and eyes shadows?
Ooookay, we’re obviously not starting off slow then, what a dilemma! I absolutely cannot live without eye pencil and mascara, but then again not a day goes by that I don’t wear eyeshadow… So what do I choose? I guess that with a good kohl liner I could still create a bit of a smokey eye look, so I’d probably give up my eyeshadow then. Sowwy you guys :-(
2. Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
I’d rather never be able to cut it again. I cut my hair once into a short bob, and I hated it. The second I got home from the salon I was like ‘What have I done?!’. Horrible!
How I felt when I cut my hair short
3. Would you rather have a coral cheek or pink cheek?
Coral! I love coral, so this was an easy choice.
4. If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or make-up?
This may sound weird coming from a self-proclaimed beauty addict, but I’d rather spend the money on clothes. I already have so much make-up, and if I spent 1000 dollar on beauty products I’d just be spending money to spend it, which is a bit silly. I could still use a few wardrobe essentials though, so that’s why I’d rather use the money to buy new clothes.
5. Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?
Huh? Both would just look really bizarre… So neither.
6. Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
I really love MAC, but if I could only shop at one store I’d pick Sephora. MAC obviously only carries MAC products, while Sephora offers a large range of different brands.
7. Would you rather use only one eyeshadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?
One lip color. I always put the focus on my eyes, so it’s important for me that I can play with different colors and styles in my eye make-up. And I keep my lip color subtle most of the time anyway, so I’d be okay with using the same lip product for the rest of my life. I’d go for one of those my-lips-but-better shades.
All the focus on the eyes!
8. Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
Oooh, tough one… I think I’d wear my summer clothes in winter. I’d just layer a lot to stay warm.
9. Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
I always go through phases when it comes to nail polish. One moment I’ll wear nothing but dark shades, then all of a sudden I’ll switch to bright colors for a couple of weeks, and then I’ll be into neutrals. But I guess that if I really had to choose I’d go for dark nails all year around. I like black and almost-black colors.
10. Would you rather give up your favorite lip product or your favorite eye product?
Like I said before, I like putting the emphasis on my eyes, so I’d rather give up my favorite lip product than give up my favorite eye product.
11. Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or messy bun?
I almost never wear a messy bun anyway, so I’d be okay with always wearing a ponytail. And besides, you can still mix things up a little with a ponytail. You can wear a high ponytail, a low one, a side version,…
12. Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lip gloss again?
I barely wear nail polish anymore anyway because of my job, and even though I hated it at first I eventually got used to it. So if I had to choose, I’d rather never wear nail polish again.
13. Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?
Yikes, what an impossible choice! A face with no eyebrows looks totally creepy, but the sharpie look is really cringe-worthy too… Seriously, I think I’d rather eat my eyebrows than choose.
14. Would you rather live without make up or nail polish?
Without nail polish, definitely. Make-up is way more important to me. Take away my nail polish and get ready to be ignored for a week. But take away my make-up and prepare to die a slow and painful death.
15. Would you rather listen to Justin Bieber or One Direction?
I actually think that Justin Bieber and One Direction both make okay music. I know it’s not very cool to admit that, especially not if you’re no longer a boyband-crazy teen or a Belieber, but whatever, I’m just being honest here! And uhm, what does this have to do with beauty anyway? ;-)
Have you done the ‘Would you rather’ tag yet? Would you make the same choices I made?
P.S.: I you haven’t done the tag yet and would like to do it: consider yourself officially tagged!