Klik hier voor de Nederlandse versie.
Recently Hazel from Dress Me Up Buttercup asked me if she could feature me on her blog, and because I’m always up for a fun blog collaboration I said yes. For the article Hazel wanted to know which five beauty trends I refuse to follow. I had never really dedicated a whole article to beauty trends that I dislike before, but it was actually a lot of fun thinking and writing about it, and that’s why I decided to repost my five no-go beauty trends here on my own blog as well. Now let’s have a look at the five beauty trends that I will never fall for!
1. Dark lips
Dark lips were and still are one of the biggest trends this fall and winter, but I personally don’t like them. Very few people can pull off a dark lip, and I’m certainly not one of the lucky few that can. I just don’t think dark lipstick looks flattering on me. It makes my lips look thinner and it ages me, eek! So that’s why I always stick to flattering warm pinks and corals.
2. Nude make-up
I don’t do nude and I refuse to go naked. And by that I mean that you’ll never see me sporting a nude make-up look. A lot of girls look fantastic in minimal make-up and I really like the fresh, almost-naked looks that we keep seeing on the runways, but it’s just not for me. I always put the focus on my eyes and I always go heavy with the eyeliner and the eyeshadow. Without heavy eye make-up I feel very exposed and insecure.
3. Claw-like manicures
I like fun manicures and I love it when people go all out with wild colors and intricate nail art designs, but what I really don’t understand is why some people wear these ridiculously long claw-like fake nails. I prefer nails that look natural and have a normal length.
4. Pixie hair cuts
Some women look amazing with a pixie hair cut – just look at how Pamela Anderson’s new do transformed her from bimbo into absolute beauty – but I would never cut my hair into a pixie cut myself. The shortest I ever went was a Rihanna-style bob, and I immediately regretted it. I have very thin and fine hair, and my hair just fell so flat on my head and looked really limp and lifeless. So I definitely intend to keep my hair long from now on.
From bimbo to beauty!
5. Colorful pedicures
98.5% of me is a normal 26-year-old girl. The other 1.5% is an atrocious swamp creature with huge hairy feet and monstrous toes. Think Shrek with boobs and eyeliner. Seriously, I really don’t like my big feet and my long toes, and the last thing I want to do is draw attention to them. That’s why I never paint my toe nails. Colorful pedicures are definitely not for me!
‘My feet are about this big’
What do you think of these five beauty trends? Is there a trend that you refuse to follow?